Preparing to Sell Your Home
Tuesday Aug 06th, 2019Share
Preparing your home to sell can be overwhelming, especially if it's your first time. However, it is one of the key steps that an experienced realtor never overlooks. As a motivated seller, you want your home to be presented in the best light possible to make for a quick and seamless sale beginning to end. The Shawn Tahririha Group goes through great lengths to educate our clients on every step of the process, so our properties not only sell for top dollar but in record time. Here are a few tips to prepare your home to sell:
- Take Care of Odd Repairs Create a list of odd jobs around the home that you've been meaning to tackle but haven't found the time to. A fresh coat of paint can really bring a space to life and this would make for the perfect time to fill the holes in the walls from your artwork. If you decide to work with our team we have a preferred handyman that we can refer.
- Remove All Your Personal Touches Yes, you may be proud of that drawing that's stuck to the refrigerator from your granddaughter but you want your home to appeal to as many buyers as possible. Souvenirs from recent trips, family photos etc. should be kept out of site during showings.
- Hire a Stager Homes that are professionally staged spend 73% less time on the market and the goal is to sell your home at an acceptable price, as soon as possible. Our in-house staging team has an experienced eye for design and pride themselves on their impeccable attention to detail. With just a few simple touches our professional stager allows your home to stand out from the rest.
- Get Your Documents in Order Buyers and agents alike will have questions for you about your property. Now is the time to locate or request copies of surveys, tax bills, mortgage details, utility bills etc.
- Avoid A Full House During showings, keep the company to a minimum. In general, buyers will not give your home the energy it deserves if it's full of people. If you have small children, make sure the toys are concealed and out of the way.
Now that you're ready to sell, you can kick your feet up and trust your agent to take over from here.